Re: reiserfs woody commits

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:

> i have been working on integrating reiserfs support into the
> boot-floppies.
>
> it was suggested to me to make reiserfs a module, suitable for use with
> initrd, instead of yes another flavour.
>
> i am personally opposed to making yet another flavour, because that adds
> more complications to the end user (further confusion as to which boot
> disks to grab)

Here here!

> i like even less the idea of initrd
> 	1) that would require all of our kernels to have the reiserfs
> 	patch (this will be a non-issue for 2.4.1 and above)
>
> 	2) i don't like initrd.
>
> i am testing my patches against the CVS tree snapshot as of Feb  9
> 14:07, PST. after i am certain things are good, i will make the
> patchfiles available.
>
> i am quite uncertain how to go about placing the patches into the main
> CVS tree, but i will worry about that one a bit later.

You can commit them to the woody branch at your discretion.  If you
don't have CVS read/write access and want it, I can give it to you.
Use my Debian PGP key to send a desired username and password.
Alternatively, you can send patches against the woody branch to this
list and someone should apply it.

> some areas to be worked on:
> 	when making a reiserfs partition, there is no badblock scan, and
> 	the user must answer yes to the mkreiserfs program (no --force
> 	option)

Is it possible to get a bug filed on mkreseiserfs so that it works
better in this "scripted" context?