Re: Dumb, dumb, dumb (but please help!)

"David Small" <david_b_small@hotmail.com> writes:

> But I'm not going to do that for a while (I have a working system)
> In the meantime, I'll read up on:
> 1) how to create custom boot floppies

It's really a lilo issue.  You can just have the kernel and a lilo MBR
on the floppy boot sector.  Its very simple and doesn't require
boot-floppies stuff at all.  Consult lilo documentation for details.

> 2) how to "downgrade" a system (I have some testing and unstable libs
> on there, and I want to put everything back to potato/stable).  We'll
> see if just apt-get -f dist-upgrade (with the appropriate sources)
> works.

No, I don't think so.  You probably have to do apt-get --reinstall
<pkgs>.

I wish we had better downgrade support -- I hear someone is workign on
it.