Re: debian-installer status report

    Joey> Where we are: We have a small chrooted system that is being
    Joey> autobuilt daily.  A single bootable floppy image has been
    Joey> created, and sorta works.

Hello,

As the maintainer of diskless, I am interested in this new installation
system, because it will affect how new NFS images are installed.

However, I haven't yet been able to find any information on
how it will work.

Basically the requirements are exactly the same, except:

- no need to boot from the floppy disk, however this shouldn't prevent
important stuff, eg. timezones, from being configured (as happens with
the current process).

- installation of files doesn't go to / but somewhere under / (eg
/nfsroot/root).

- no need to configure network (this is done by the kernel on bootup)
- no need to configure/format partitions or swap space.

How will this work?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>