finer grained udeb's?

While working on support for dhclient in debian-installer I noticed that
busybox will need to have 'expr' added. I wonder how this should be handled.
I guess it makes sense to add 'expr' since it is only a few k, and so far pump
hasn't worked for me (could still be user error at this point.), but at some
point we may see that busybox needs to be more modular?

A similar, perhaps more important, and easier to implement situation exists with
kernel modules.  If someone wants only the eepro100 module, will there be
separate kernel modules?

kernel-module-eepro100.udeb
kernel-module-3c509.udeb
etc.