Re: Replacing ae

Eray Ozkural (exa) schrieb:
> One thing though. Make sure that the editor in there works flawlessly
> over network connections... Might be convenient for cluster guys here :)

It should work over fucked up serial consoles as well (ie only
alphanumerics and Escape). This is particulary important for
platforms like sparc.

> Nowadays I find that almost no editor works well over a normal
> telnet/ssh connection.

You are using the wrong editors it seems ;).

Every editor I used recently (some vi clones and nano) work
pretty well over 9600 serial console, thus they should work over
network connections as well.

ciao, 2ri
"I'm not going to ride on a magic carpet! I'm afraid of grounds!"
"You mean heights, and stop being silly!"
"I know what I mean! It's the grounds that kill you!"
                --Terry Pratchet, "Sourcery"