- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: autoconf&automake&libtool
- From: Tollef Fog Heen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 31 Dec 2000 14:11:32 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Joey Hess's message of "Sat, 30 Dec 2000 19:29:24 -0800"
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20001230192924.D5761@kitenet.net>
* Joey Hess
| Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > Anna also should support zlib now, should be autodetected.
| Anna doesn't need zlib. Uncompressed Packages files will be available,
| and the file are not big enough for compression to make much of a
Ok, I thought it said something like 'TODO: add support for compressed
packages', but at least I can't see it now, so I must have dreamed.
| Not sure I understand this drive to make everything use autoconf.
| Autoconf is nice -- when you need it. I don't see the need.
We can use it to build custom installers easier. And customization is
Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.