ppp/dhcp into cvs?

I wonder if it makes sense to import the ppp and dhcp packages that
debian-installer will use into the debian-installer cvs tree.  Rational is:

-ppp maintainer relates that he can't work on Debian at the present time, so a
udeb comes out of a NMU in any case.
-I'm in the nm-queue so I can't actually upload anything, though I can commit to
cvs, this way I don't have to look for a sponsor for anything, anyone can build
the latest udeb out of cvs (it remains to be seen how much dhcpcd and ppp will
have to change, probably not much, we'll see).
-wouldn't it be nice to have all the componants that will potentially be on that
magical single floppy in one place?

-David