Re: test boot-floppies (2.2.21) for m68k available

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> Hi,
> TEST boot-floppies, built from fridays CVS are available at
>   http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/
> I used 2.2.17 kernel-images (thats why they should be tested!) and included
> also Penguin17 (18 is still there).
> Will feed those changes into CVS if I get some feedback. Its working fine on
> my Amiga.
>
> Christian
> --
> http://people.debian.org/~cts/

OK, I'm trying this on 2 different Amigas.  I'm not very knowledgeable
where the Amiga is concerned.  Neither Amiga has any network capability
and I don't have a driver for CD.  So I removed the hard disks and
attached them to a Mac running Debian Potato.  I then ran insmod for
partbl_amiga and affs.  This allowed me to mount an AFFS partition on
the drive.  I then extracted the files from bf-amiga_2.2.21_m68k.tar.gz
to the mounted AFFS partitions.  I then reinstalled the hard drives in
the respective Amigas.

The Amigas are as follows:

Amiga 2000 w/CSA Derringer 030 accelerator w/16MB fast RAM and 1MB chip
RAM a GVP HC+8 SCSI controller w/ 105MB and 1GB hard drives.

Amiga 3000 w/8MB fast RAM and 2 MB chip RAM, 105MB and 540MB SCSI drives
attached to onboard SCSI.

I get the following when clicking the StartInstall icon on either Amiga:

EXECUTE: Invalid directive
Error -1

Am I missing something, or is the install image bad?

--
Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org