Re: new demo system -- chrooted!

On Thu Dec 21, 2000 at 03:34:54PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
> > And in case anyone tries, netkit-tiny is still in pre-project
> > state, so while it has some useful source code in it, I havn't
> > put the window dressing in place to actually make it work...
>
> Is there any reason it's not being developed as part of busybox?

Mostly so that I can split busybox into several smaller (i.e.  more manageable)
chunks.  Also, so that security holes in some random, never-audited busybox app
won't be exploited since netkit-tiny will need to be setuid root (ping for
example likes that sort of thing).

> Anyhow, tiny- ifconfig will need to be in a udeb sooner or later,
> preferably sooner.

K.  I'll try to hasten getting netkit-tiny compilable...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org