I'm back, on weekends and some eves.

 Has anyone claimed the build system yet?  I've begun working on it.

 I've time for this only on weekends and evenings.  I'll try and be
 able to put in at least eight hours a week.  (It's ski season.)

 I have not committed anything to CVS; and will not until it's working
 correctly (and perhaps reviewed by you all?).  Let me know if you'd
 rather I mailed a patch first, rather than committing directly to CVS
 without anyone else looking it over first.  I won't do so until I
 hear from you.