Re: weekly debian-installer progress report

> 	- other hardware detection [David Whedon]
> 		David has written detectors for sound, ethernet, cd, cpu,
> 		disk, and memory detection. All need testing.

Great! I've been thinking about sound card detection, especially because
sndconfig (of which I am the maintainer) doesn't do its jobs very well
in some cases. Sndconfig probably needs to be rewritten, based on
libdetect (as opposed to libkudzu) and this boot floppy effort. Will
this hardware detection system only exist inside the boot floppies, or
will it be part of some broader hardware management system?

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |