Re: bf-utf - do I need it? where does it come from?

On Wed 22 Nov, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 07:22:00PM +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 05:36:12PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > > Trying to compile boot-floppies for arm it compiles dbootstrap OK but then
> > > tried to cd to ../bf-utf/newt adn run ./configure.

> What exactly did you try to compile in 'utilities'?

I was doing 'make release' at the top level.

> It shouldn't try to use bf-utf unless USE_LANG_CHOOSER is set.

Right I've found the problem: Even with USE_LANG_CHOOSER := false
these rules in /utilities/dbootstrap/Makefile mean that the dir is needed
$(UTF_LIBS_BASE)/newt/libnewt.a:
	cd $(UTF_LIBS_BASE)/newt; CFLAGS=-Os ./configure
	$(MAKE) -C $(UTF_LIBS_BASE)/newt

$(UTF_LIBS_BASE)/slang/src/objs/libslang.a:
	cd $(UTF_LIBS_BASE)/slang; CFLAGS=-Os ./configure
	$(MAKE) -C $(UTF_LIBS_BASE)/slang

> I think checkout should get it, but I'm not sure.

OK. It does now (although it didn't ~10 days ago). I think that means that
everything is in fact working OK; i.e. as the bf-utf dir is part of
bootfloppies then it's OK for it to be required, although it would be nice if
the above libraries weren't compiled when they aren't needed. I'm not quite
sure how to modify the Makefile to make this happen - I'll let you decide if
you want to do that. :-)

Next I've hit some kind of python problem. More if this turns out to be
something to do with bf...

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679