Failure of Debian to Boot

Sacramento, California
November 20, 2000

I have purchased the three CDs for Debian/GNU ver. 2.2. However, the
boot from the CD-rom to install Linux fails to recognize the SCSI card
on my computThe machine is equiped with an ADAPTEC Model AIC 7880
controller.  The monitor screen states the ADAPTEC card is recogniced in
three lines of text which is immediately followed by the line: SCSI:
<fdomain> no available ports found.  The computer the freezes and
CTL-ALT-DEL can not restart the system.  It is necessary to turn off the
power.  Any information youo can provide will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Roy Hardy
EMAIL: rhardy@lanset.com