Re: siteROCK Debian-CD patches for Credit Card size CDs

Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com> writes:

> On 19 Nov 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > What's the disposition of the siteROCK patches?  Is the debian-cd
> > group planning/hoping to apply them?  It seems to me that the
> > debian-boot and debian-cd teams need to sync up on this one.
> The patches are a by product of my developmente of a "Telemetry Box
> Distribution" at siteROCK. The aim is to provide a plug and play solution
> for a monitoring system.
> The patches need cleanups in many areas. Take what you want. I'd be glad
> for anything that gets into the main distribution. I hope to be able to
> spend some time in a couple of months to clean things up.
> There are also a lot of debian packages that I have not introduced into
> Debian at http://openrock.net/tb/local. I'd be glad if someone went
> through them and take care of their proper introduction to Debian main.
> Many of those packages have special modifications for the telemetry
> distribution.

Ok.  I'm sure many of those patches are inappropriate for use with
mainstream debian.

If we get a chance, we'll look these over.  However, it would help us
a lot if you could clean up and split out the patches relevant to
being in debian mainstream, and also file bugs with those patches
against the relevant packages.