Re: Bootdisk-O-matic

That sure sounds like a good idea to me (although im
just a user/ small admin, not programmer)!
Just a couple questions, though:

1) if the Bootdisk-O-Matic was used by many people,
use of mirrors would probably be needed much, so the
computational load on servers would be spread out,
yes?

2) this is something i've been curious about for a
long time: how _does_  hardware detection work,
anyway?  and why does it seem like debian doesn't have
very much of it?

Peter W.