Re: Debian Boot CVS: aph

On Mon Nov 13, 2000 at 11:02:53PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > BTW, there's something wrong with the scripts where they are saying
> > all the changes are by me, which is wrong.
>
> I'll bet it's people committing with the pserver all come out as you,
> since the commits actally happen as you. My couple of commits today
> correctly showed they were commited by me, since I used ssh.

I just took a look at /cvs/debian-boot/CVSROOT on cvs.debian.org and there are
problems with some cases.  The password file is only needed to allow pserver
access for people _without_ system accounts.

The need for the:

    annonymous:<crypted passwd>:<some other user with a system account>

syntax (which is used exclusively at the moment in the boot-floppies
CVSROOT/passwd file) is only for the case when the user being granted access
does not have a system account.

For example, (I'll pick on tausq since he is in the boot-floppies passwd file)
for tausq, there is an entry in passwd, which is being mapped to aph. But tausq
has an account on the system.  So if tausq commits something using pserver, it
will appear that aph committed the change.  Since tausq has an account on the
system, his system account automagically grants him pserver access, so the
entry in /cvs/debian-boot/CVSROOT/passwd for him should be removed.  If tausq
wanted to use a different password (other then his usual system password) for
pserver access, then he would simply have a passwd entry like so:

    tausq:<crypted passwd>

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org