Re: Setting up a debian archive

Thanks Karl for your very detailed reply! :)

I have a modem, and only want to cache what I have already dl'd.

I was finally told of apt-move.

"you can use apt-move to make a structured archive from the deb files in
/var/cache/apt
generate Packages.gz files
look in /usr/doc/apt-move"

That sounds like what I want to do.

Thanks again.

Karl Hammar wrote:
> Just get all files from some ftp mirror, from the debian directory and down,
> and copy them to your harddisk. You'll need some 10-20GB for that.
> But if you just want to do new i386 installs with the stable
> release (potato) you can skip the following directories (assuming you are
> standing in the debian directory):
snip
> That will leave you with, hmm:
snip