Re: busybox in woody (was Re: first weekly debian-installer status report)

On Mon Nov 13, 2000 at 10:09:47PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> writes:
>
> > On Sun Nov 12, 2000 at 03:11:53PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > Will means be provided to create the requisite symlinks in /usr/bin ?
>
> > I am open to suggestions on exactly what you want things to like
> > like for woody.  With the latest busybox, all symlinks are relative
> > one.  Therefore, I was thinking I would just create the normal
> > hierarchy, but instead of under / put everything under
> > /usr/lib/busybox.  Sound agreeable?  So you could simply extract
> > /usr/lib/busybox from busybox.#.deb and mv /usr/lib/busybox/* to the
> > target.  All the other junk (docs, manpages, etc) would be ignored.
> > Does this sound agreeable?
>
> Hmm.  It's a little wierd but doesn't seem too difficult.

I am after all making this .deb exclusively for you for the woody boot
floppies, so if you have any preferences, by all means let me know.  The above
seemed like an arrangement that would satisfy the policy hounds while still
giving you what you want.  If you have a better way to accomplish this, I'm
very much open to suggestions...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org