Re: please symlink base#_#.tgz

Adam Heath <adam@doogie.org> writes:

> Also, since boot-floppies have been removed from woody(because of Joey's
> modular installer), this doesn't affect woody, but only previous
> distributions.

Um, they are going to be coming back into woody.  Hopefully some point
in November.

> For the boot-floppies team: Any future bf scripts, in addition to
> having a version number embedded inside a filename, could we have a
> symlink without the version number in it?

Hmm.

Why don't I just modify boot-floppies in the future to only make
'base.tgz'?  The use of numbers in the tarball is not required for any
good reason that I can think of.  Then I don't need to bother with the
symlink.

Can you file a bug against boot-floppies to that effect?  Put [woody]
in the title, I don't really wanna mess with this for potato.