Language chooser and 2.2r1

Based on my take on the language chooser discussions here, we are
going to have to target language chooser for 2.2r2, assuming that
2.2r1 comes out in the next week or so.  I just feel like making the
language chooser mainstream ATM would be a big risk.  I can't think of
a single party (except perhaps an unnamed German vendor, who I don't
know) who have actually built i386 root language chooser disks.

I hope the problems are soluble and we can get *something* -- if even
right after 2.2r1....

Let me know what I can do to help.