Re: Language chooser

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 08:25:27PM +0400, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:01:12PM +0400, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 11:18:19AM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> > > Um.. I don't think so... I compiled dbootstrap with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER=true,
> > > as well as bterm and after setting these all variables ran
> > >
> > > ../bogl/bterm -f ../bogl/font.bgf ./dbootstrap
> > This seems to be correct.  Let me check when I am back to home (in about 8
> > hours). :)
> Last note (before leaving to home :).  What files have you tried to browse?
> Have you converted them into UTF-8? (Wild guess, but who knows? :)

Hmm.. I cat-ed some files like 'UTF-8-demo.txt' which was I guess in libutf8
directory... They looked OK with the font i'm using. Actually I don't know
where did this font come from exactly. Anyway, if it displays Polish chars i
enter in bterm from the keyboard as well as runes and greek, it is probably
OK.

But if the dbootstrap's messages are not automatically converted to UTF8
during build of the .trm files when LANGUAGE_CHOOSER==true, then that's
probably the problem. I'll check that in a second.

regards

Marcin
--
+--------------------------------+ The reason we come up with new versions