&mdash in boot-floppies/documentation

I've been trying to keep french boot-floppies doc updated for the last months.

There's an apparently new variable introduced in recent versions of canonical files, it's — I'm desperately trying to find out what it refers to. Has the french translation of it been included. Can anyone help ?

Also where are the lists of the other "variables" and their related local translations ?

--
Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be
http://www.eric.ath.cx

Please don't send proprietary format documents, I can't (and don't want to) open them.
Appreciated are open-source formats like .txt or .rtf. Dvi, ps or tex files are welcome.