Re: Two new goals?

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Two new goals?
>
> - Make Debian installable to blind people (on systems where serial console
>   support is available)

I also thought about, if we could add an ui to thecd-installer that uses
some little speach-generating software and puts it through the pc-speaker.
It does not sound nice but you can understand speach.

When we had such a thing, it could be the first frontend, that greets you
welcome. (And shows on the screen, what you can type to make it stop, if
you do not like it, or are not able to hear.