Re: debinst: target media preperation

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> 2) Partition preperation
> 	Functionality
>
> 	There is no one tool that can do the job here, modules could be based
> on debians libfdisk, parted, other fdisk style programs, individual
> tools will likely be required to deal with any md or lvm partitions.

I think it is an important question, if the partitionating should be done
by the installer or by an external program by the installer.

Calling (s|f)?fdisk or whatever has the advantage of
well-tested-and-proofen code and user-interface. I think it should at
least be callable to do so.

On the other hand, if some module of the installer does the work, the
user could make it choices for partinating within the the same ui and
it could also be included in an installation-database on some server.