Re: wider discussion of installer plans

Michael S. Fischer wrote:
> Joey, so that we might get started with coding and documenting, could
> you please give us new volunteers a required reading (and
> understanding) list so that we can get ourselves up to speed with past
> and current work?

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot co debian-installer
cd debian-installer/doc

Read everything (suggested order: README, goals.txt, design.txt,
modules.txt, retreiver.txt, ui.txt, walkthrough.txt, TODO). If you don't
understand something, post to the list.

I think we need to give time for everything to settle a bit before we
start coding. I'll be a lot happier if a few people poke holes in what's
there now and show us why doing things this way won't work.

--
see shy jo