[woody] udpkg progress

i checked in another chunk of udpkg code just now. it unpacks the .deb
and writes the /var/lib/dpkg/info entries properly now. i am using the
popen hack i described in a previous post for now. hopefully we can
integrate this into busybox and use that instead at some point.

next steps are configure (should be easy -- just run the postinst,
passing in the right parameters) and status file merging. also, need to
explore integrating busybox tools into udpkg. either udpkg pulls in
busybox modules, or we just go ahead and add udpkg as another busybox
utility module. Erik, comments?

i also checked in the topological sort code so that packages are
installed in the correct order if you want to install multiple packages.
if we are only going to install one package at a time though this is not
needed. right now you can turn all the dependency checking off with
--without-depends. i'll add some switches for finer-grain control of
what goes in at some point.

with debugging turned off, dependency checking, -Os optimization, and
stripping, the binary is now 10804 bytes :-)

the status merging stuff is the next big piece of code...

if someone wants to look at the busybox aspect i'd appreciate it.
randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/