Re: install prog -> problem on ide raid system : PART 2

Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I forgot to say that I want to install Debian 2.2 on a raid 0 array. So -
> installing Debian on a drive  on motherboard ide controler and then move it
> to the ide controler will not work. Maybe should I compile a new kernel with
> a driver for my ide raid controler card an put it on the boot floppy?

Can you find out if your raid controller needs a special kernel module
to be detected?  Please fetch a 'drivers.tgz' file and check if that
module is in there.  If so, the next release of boot-floppies will help
you since you can preload modules from a special disk before the regular
installation.

Regards,

	Joey

--
This is Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.
Oldenburger LinuxTag 2000                 http://oldenburger.linuxtage.de/