Can't boot on StarMax 3000/200 with 2.2.16-2000-07-26

Hi,

I've got a Motorola StarMax 3000/200 (Apple 4400) and I am having trouble
booting potato, I have tried a few sets of the boot flopies, the most
recient
being the  2.2.16-2000-07-26 but none work.

I'm using a serial console but I have got a mac kbd & monitor attached as
well.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use just the boot floppies and NO Mac o/s at
all.
And preferably I'd like to use the system headless and just use the serial
port
to configure, boot, root access, If I want X I'd use an Xterminal.

2.2.16-2000-07-26
==============
Using the boot floppy I get Tux and a mac icon, then it shows:

    Welcome to Linux, Kernel 2.2.17

    started at    : 0x00000000
    linked at     : 0xc0000000
    frame buffer at     : 0x81800480 (phys), 0x81800480 (log)
    MSR            : 0x00000042
    HID0            : 0x0010c801

    booting...

And spits the floppy out .

I have tried the root.bin and rescue.bin, pressing the enter key the system
appears to read the disk but then just hangs, doesn't spit the floppy out.

2.2.16-2000-07-20
==============
Downloaded *.img file and used WinImage (on PC) to create floppy,
boot from floppy and tux and mac icon appear, reads thru floppy and
just hangs. NO kernel message appear on screen or console port.

2.2.16-2000-07-17
Downloaded *.img file and used WinImage (on PC) to create floppy,
boot from floppy and tux and mac icon appear, reads thru floppy and
results in Plain old Tux with red cross thru him, no message on screen
or console.

--
<Regards Sign="Steve"/>