Re: CALL FOR HELP : debian boot floppies 2.2.15 on apus still not ok.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: CALL FOR HELP : debian boot floppies 2.2.15 on apus still not ok.
- From: Sven LUTHER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:38:44 +0200
- Message-id: <20000705163844.A16802@lambda.u-strasbg.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <39632FDC.14AF21EF@relog.ch>; from email@example.com on Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 02:53:48PM +0200
- References: <20000705131523.A11187@lambda.u-strasbg.fr> <39632FDC.14AF21EF@relog.ch>
On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 02:53:48PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > i give the corrct place in the requester, and dbootstrap tries to loop mount
> > the rescue.bin image to fetch the kernel and the modules, and fail.
> Should drivers.tgz be in rescue.bin? It's not.
No it is supposed to be in driver-1.bin.
> If the config.gz in rescue.bin is the config of the kernel you use, it does
> indeed include the loopback device and vfat.
thought so also, ...
> > Now the strange thing, is that when i continue the installation stuff and
> > reboot with the same kernel on the partition just installed from the base
> > tarball, i can mount the rescue.bin image with the exact command given
> > above.
> > Thus i suspsect the problem lie with the root.bin image. or maybe the
> > dbootstrap mount command.
> That's a strong indication. BTW what's the fs type of root.bin supposed to be?
> I can't mount it here.
root.bin is just a compressed ext2 root image.
dbootstrap does some gunzip & piping magic to mount it, but mv root.bin root.bin.gz && gunzip root.bin.gz will do also.
Do you have the same problem as me with the mounting of the rescue.bin image (it is a vfat image) ?