Re: 2.2.16 i386 build available for testing

> With the images at the above location (dated Jun 29 18:30) the following
> message appears numerous times before dbootstrap begins:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep (No such file or directory)
>
> followed by
>
> kmod: runaway modprobe loop assumed and stopped

argh. this was supposed to be fixed eons and eons ago..... I'll investigate
this...

> By going to virtual console 2 and looking in /lib/modules, I found two
> directories, 2.2.17/ (which is empty), and misc/ (which contains unix.o
> and af_packet.o).  From looking at an installed system, I think that
> misc/ should be a subdirectory of 2.2.17/.

actually in this case it is fine. the root disk doesn't have the standard
modules layout because of the way it is built. If you have an empty
modules.dep in the 2.2.17 subdirectory it should be fine though.

> I'm not sure if an empty
> modules.dep should also be in 2.2.17/ or not.  How do I mount an old
> root.bin to see what used to be there?

zcat root.bin > root.bin.uncompressed
mount -o loop root.bin.uncompressed /mnt

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/