Re: [woody,debinst] Interim filesystem

> > And what about raiserfs or better jfs ?
> >

> I havent tried reiserfs yet, from what i know it save us a bit of space
> with small files wouldnt it, does it have nay other advantages ?
>
> Whats jfs?

jfs is the journaling-file-system from ibm -- the aix filesystem without
the LVM.

We have  ext3, raiserfs, xfs and jfs.

disadvantages:
   ext3 isn't a real journalingfs or better: it hasen't the ful
        power. Forget ext3.
   xfs  is non-free stuff

So we have two important fs: raiser and jfs. Both uses b-trees. But
raiserfs is (currently) only for ia32.

jfs is gpl, supports other archs then ia32 (powerpc, ...) and also
64bit archs (ia64); jfs for ia32-smp is also possible.

raiserfs is more tested then jfs. But i personally like jfs more then
raiserfs.

jfs url:

  http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jfs/

Thanks,