Re: [m68k] boot-floppies for test cycle

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:

> I know I am violating the rules, but after the arm experiance, I do not
> really dare to upload bf-source.
> To get a quick fix, I applied my changes to the (local) 2.2.15 version
> (changes are checked in now) and built a new 2.2.15 set, which has allready
> been installed. The quickinstall files came from a local harddisk anyway,
> the wrongly kernel is not available for potato, the only thing thats not in
> the 2.2.15 source, are the subtle changes for mac and the install.tgz files,
> all one-liners. I do not think a new version is necessary for that, but if
> you insist in following the rules by the letters...

I think you should be building from the CVS head and burning your own
version.  You are not learning from the ARM experience but doing the
same short cuts they did which caused problems.

You should be building from the CVS head since there are RC fixes
there that probably affect you all as well.

> I am only waiting for an updated m68k CD image so that I can burn it. Not
> excatly sure, if any of the previous potato/m68k images has been burned and
> tested, I think we all did only visual inspection...

Ah, that's not good.  I don't want to delay your wider-scale testing
efforts.  So, I mean, you can go ahead with what you're doing but I
would prefer if you would follow release procedures.