Re: [woody,debinst] keeping track of plans

Hi, A little background first, so you all know were I'm coming from...
I am not a debian developer, but I follow quite a few developer related lists
for debian, and have been for quite some time. I have been using debian since
slink was listed as unstable, so am pretty familiar with debian, and why
it's better.  There, enough said about me :)

follOn Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 01:14:10PM +1000, bug1 wrote:
> Karl mentioned something on this in another post, there are lots of
> ideas floating around, maybe we do need something other than emails and
> cvs to keep track of everything.
>
> What about a web page or something?

As long as your thinking of re-doing boot-floppies, why not take suggestions
from users about what's important for them? Maybe set up some kind voting
page or something.

I am happy with the way boot-floppies operates, because I'm
familiar with it, however I have had to help out a few people coming from RH
to get through some inconsistencies on questions and wording (directory
selection comes to mind).

> I guess the issue is, would the benefits of maintaining a web page for
> the development of the debian installer be worth the effort.

I volunteer, do I need to be a registered debian developer? I could always
do the pages and mail them to someone. I also wouldn't mind documenting the
new debian-install process.