Re: pcmcia installs _may_ be broken

In reference to a message from Joey Hess, dated May 31:
> This is just a heads-up, since I am leaving on a 1 week vacation
> tomorrow, and won't be able to follow up on it.
>
> I don't know if any of the kernels used by the boot-floppies are built
> with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS enabled. If they are it's likely that pcmcia
> modules built for those kernels will not be able to load, because of a
> bug in our pcmcia package. See bug #64953 for details.

FWIW, we've been building kernels with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS for quite some
time. They do work sometimes, although we've seen lots of these missing symbol
problems. Hm...

My laptop is running a 2.2.15-idepci kernel with pcmcia modules from Brian,
so it is possible.... we've had lots of problems with -compact though that
neither Brian nor I have been able to figure out.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/