Re: installation requirements

Hello Othmar,

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Othmar Pasteka wrote:

> what should i advice people to do if they have 5 mb of ram? or
> less than 8 mb (or 12 as suggested in the installation manual).

Depends on what they want to do with their systems. I have slink installed
on a i486 Laptop with 8MB RAM, and I am quite satisfied with it. I can
use X-Windows, but I had to cut it down to the core (No Desktop
environment, blackbox as resource friendly window-manager) and I am only
starting it, when I really need it.
Don't know if potato will work on this machine, but I'll try as soon as it
goes stable (already have frozen installed on my desktop).

Regards,
Daniel