Re: Some glitches in joeyh's bf

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 11:04:45PM -0300 , Cesar Eduardo Barros wrote:
> 2. Why the hell does the /etc/fstab say "Uncomment the following entry"... The
>    devpts entry and the erroneous comments above it should be removed from it.

fixed

> 3. /dev/fd1 is missing from fstab (don't laugh, my 386 has two floppies)

hmm. where should it be mounted?

> 4. /dev/cdrom doens't make sense at all in some boxes (mostly the ones not
>    installed from cdrom)

so? it doesn't hurt

> 5. having floppy as user-mountable filesystem is unneeded (mtools) and risky
>    (I have already had a kernel panic by removing the floppy before umounting
>     it).

aren't 3. and 5. contradictory? Anyway most programs can't write to unmounted
floppies using mtools.

> If you think I should report some of these to the BTS, tell me so.

I think not.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<vaidhy> Debian - It is all about choice, baby!!