Re: A simple question

Hi.

In article <[🔎] 007201bfc500$e5be7780$580aa8c0@victor.maxima.ru>,
  at Wed, 24 May 2000 03:50:23 +0600,
    on Re: A simple question,
 "=?koi8-r?B?98nL1M/SIPfJ08zPws/Lz9c=?=" <victor@tvmaxima.perm.ru> writes:

>       But I not understand, why I need create PDF documents from scratch?
> Why wrong to put READY documents in boot-floppies package? In this
> case, I should not need TeX and creation documents process.
>       IMHO this is confuse: I want to create boot-floppies, but I need TeX.

I think this is because READY documents in the final form
can not come up automagically. In order to prepare them,
people must do the extra work for them. IMHO, it is not
worthless thing since there are already plenty of things
to do.

Currently, the documents are generated from the static material and
the dynamic material which is extracted and converted from the code
in boot-floppies. Using this scheme, we can provide the most up-to-date
documents as far as we can. (Yes, there has been some parts in static
material which should be updated. But we try to reduce the effort to
be required for this.)

But if you wish to customize the boot-floppies, and if you can do it
succesfully, then you should be enable to modify the Makefile and
the related scripts to avoid the requirements which you don't need.

The code of boot-floppies does not exist to create the custom
floppies, but to provide the official installer of Debian.

Try yard package or else if you only wish to build your own custom
boot/rescue disks.

Regards.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>