Re: Mass install / Autoinstall (Was: Re: Debian vs Red Hat??? I need info.)

    >> For example, I have 20 machines at a co location I need to go install.
    >> Right now with Red Hat I can take my laptop, slap a floppy in each
    >> machine, turn 'em on, 5 minutes later I have 20 fully configured
    >> machines ready to rock.

    Craig> you can do the same thing with debian...just install the nfs server
    Craig> package on your laptop.

 I think that with `Woody' we'll have something as good as or better
 than KickStart.  Read up on `debconf', and think about what I said
 about creating a custom Debian `baseX_X.tgz'.

--
Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it - Poorly.
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.

mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)