module won't install

Hello!

In an otherwise unrelated mail I found a paragraph
related to the boot-floppies. I quote it here to make
sure it is read by the boot-floppies team and as I
had the same problem.

On 14-May-2000 Jim Lynch wrote:

> (boot floppy maintainers: Pls. read this paragraph re: boot floppies 2.2.13)
>
> The new boot floppies are uploaded (you mean 2.2.13, right? but: those still
> have a problem in modutils; I just discovered yesterday that the ne2000
> driver (at least, hadn't tried others) will not load from the modutils tool
> during install. It's possible that me having to reboot the install had some-
> thing to do with that; if so, it means that the modutils had to be told
> that the whole to-be-debian is mounted on /target, not /, -and- that after
> the reboot it was -not- told this.)

I did not reboot and had the same effect. Even worse:

When I tried to install modules after that I did not even get
the list of modules to choose one. I hit return in the main
dbootstrap menu to install a module and the menu was redisplayed
immediately.

I did not use 2.2.13 yet, all this happened with 2.2.12. I might have
the possibility to give it another try or do some further investigation
tomorrow.

   bye
    Florian

--