Re: First Test Cycle starts today

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Petr Cech wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 12:32:01PM -0600 , Bruce Sass wrote:
> > Excluding var, home, usr, tmp; / should be no less than 12M, 15-20M is
>
> du -sk bin etc lib sbin
> 3819    bin
> 9411    etc
> 22079   lib
> 3812    sbin
>
> any comments about the size of / ? 50MB is IMHO absolute minimum

du -s /etc /lib
2621	/etc
5814	/lib

I expected /etc to grow with the system, but not /lib (I have base +
gcc/g++/devel + X + KDE + tetex).  Is Debian out'o'wack w.r.t. /
requirements, do the third party docs need updating, or is your setup
not typical of the majority of users?

Is it best to document only what is needed when one does a full
"dist-upgrade", or to give a range (base + a little to full dist)?

later,

	Bruce