Re: i18n'd boot-floppies ?

Thank you for your advice.

  at 29 Apr 2000 20:31:15 -0400,
 Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> I have CC'd this party.  I am certainly willing to give i18n folks the
> capability to write to the boot-floppies CVS area.   I can give out
> accounts for this (not shell account), maintainer or not.

I know that y-endo has already worked on japanese documentation update
via cvs account given by you, for months. I think hattas should ask you
to get work on official cvs area for potato b-f.

> Someone needs to work out how we are handling this.  I think we should
> have a i18n flavor for i386 at least, pick one of the kernels (idepci
> or compact) for this purpose, and make it enable the language chooser.

Yes. The concept of language chooser is great.

> I don't know if we need a different Japanese flavor specifically. It
> would be a shame if so, but hey, if someone can do the work, it would
> be great to have this support part of the "mainstream" boot-floppies.
>
> Remember, we can continue to do "point releases" of Potato
> boot-floppies even after Potato is released.

I greatly appreciate your kindness, Thank you Adam.

I hope hattas and others can work on this. Are there anyone ?

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>