Re: boot floppy

"Greg" <yrmom@mindspring.com> writes:

> I'm fairly new with linux, and have never installed Debian...just RH
> and Mandrake Linux. I'm getting set to once again wipe off windows
> and do a Debian install. I've downloaded the 2 ISO's of debian, and
> will burn the cd's, but was wondering about the boot disk. My system
> is set to boot off the cd drive, so will that be enough, or should i
> make a boot disk, and if so, how do i go about creating that...ANy
> help or hints will be appreciated.

If the CDs are bootable you shouldn't need floppies.  If you do need
floppies, read the top-level boot-floppies 'README' file for info on
what files to use.  There are a lot of different alternatives.

> Also, does Debian support USB ports? I have a USB Logitech Quick
> Cam, and also an IDE CD-RW drive.

Debian is not the kernel.  If linux supports it, Debian should support
it.  The question is whether the stock kernels support USB, and I
don't know the answer.