Re: i18n'd boot-floppies ?

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 02:30:59PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > It's not ready for use.  Again, I rely on a very specific things: a framebuffer
> > capable kernel and dbootstrap running under bterm.
>
> Interesting.  Are there test versions built this way?
Well, if you mean a rescue floppy, then no.  I never succeeded to build a
boot-floppies stuff at home computer.

> Do you think we could provide a root disk compiled with i18n as a new
> 'i18n' flavor on i386?
Could anybody help me with creating a new flavour?  If yes, I think it would be
a very good thing to have.  As soon as i18n becomes mature, this could go
mainstream.

> Oh well, we can just let the local teams provide l10n'd versions of
> the rescue disk unofficially if they want...
BTW, it would be a good idea to have localized rescue disks on ftp.debian.org.
There are only 16 of them.

--
Mike