i18n'd boot-floppies ?

Michael, I note that you've been busily hacking away at the language
chooser.  Is it ready to be mainstreamed?

The i386 root disk, at least, and in fact any architecture which has
functioning library reduction code, does have room for all the
translated dbootstrap messages.  However, many architectures such as
powerpc, I think, do not have room.

I would consider it acceptable to only enable i18n'd boot-floppies for
architectures which have room for it.  I would very much like to see
i18n'd root disk.

Now thinking about i18n in general, there are a number of issues:

   - rescue disk -- syslinux messages (i386 at least)

   - root disk -- dbootstrap msgs, addressed by your work

   - base -- already i18n'd I think

   - documentation -- already i18n'd

What's the story with the rescue disk?  Are we planning on building
one rescue disk for each language supported?  Are there i18n issues on
non-i386 platforms?