Potato Install

Hello,
	I am wondering which would be the best way to install Debian
Potato or Woody.  My hardware is a bit too new for slink, and slink is
pretty outdated, anyways.  I do not have a floppy drive in my box now, but
I can attach one, but I am short on money, and can't afford a lot of
floppies.  I have a blank CD and a cd-burner, and a very fast network
connection.  I would do the ftp install option (using 1 boot disk,
correct?), but my school uses authenticated switched routers, and I have
to login via a webpage to access anything.  Please help, I have searched
near and far for a way to FTP install, can't find a way to get around the
logging in part.

-Mike