Re: help needed on wierd install manual build problems

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 01:00:35PM -0400 , Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I get a lot of wierd errors building documentation in the
> boot-floppies for other languages. Specifically, processing
> debiandoc2latex2e output with pdflatex
>
>   debiandoc2latex -d debiandoc.decl -l cs -O install.cs.sgml > install.cs.tex
>   pdflatex '\nonstopmode\input{install.cs.tex}'
>
> Included is the install.cs.log for example, for Czech.

Hi,
I may not be the best person to comment on this, but I think it has something
to do with Czech beeing unsupported by plain tetex-* packages in Debian.
There are four packages which add Czech support to TeX - csplain, cslatex and
cstexfonts and cspsfonts.
There should be one more package cspdftex. I didn't want to upload this
package as it edit pdftex config file and I didn't have time to investigate it
more.

This may concern also hr, pl, ru and maybe other languages too. You can see
the difference by looking at the resulting pdf files. .en, .de have nice
looking font, where .cs, .hr have some strage bitmap-rasterd look.

I'm looking into it right now.
				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso