Re: Modconf is still busted

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 11:46:25AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Yes, you can use the sources from Incoming or else use the CVS
> respository you have checked out -- the 2.2.11 tag.
My ISP somehow did not allow me to download the deb, I tried three times...
I checked-out release_2.2.11 (allready had 2.2.12 here), building with that
right now.

> I see there isn't a 2.2.12 tag yet...  so I would propose, even though
> we're working on 2.2.12, that you go ahead and build 2.2.11 for m68k.
>
> We don't have m68k boot floppies at *all* in the potato archive, and
> that is a nasty problem.
I know, don't worry, unless my machine fries, I will upload that on tuesday
(no way to send 50MB over the phone...). I will use two patches, which are
present only in 2.2.12, I hope nobody minds? You will never notice, one is
the patch for modconf (I think the bug is still there in 2.2.11?), the other
is strictly m68k/mac specific, to use a new ersion of the bootloader. Maybe
I should make a tag for this (I commited the m68k/mac patch yesterday)?
Will have to find out how to do that on tuesday. But then I think potato
will have bf >=2.2.12 anyway :-)

What about the pathcmd bug I reported? I still don't get a pmac-fdisk
manpage, either the package is installed into the archive, or (better) this
bug is fixed.
Besides that, I see only one very nasty problem with m68k, amiga-fdisk, not
related to the boot-floppies, only the binary does not work. I can't reach
the upstream author, nor do I have any idea or time to fix this. Would it be
ok to hack the slink package to go into potato? I also did that with another
critical package in slink and nobody complained (util-linux, is fixed now).
Without a working amiga-fdisk amiga users can not partition harddisks under
linux, which is not critical but still quite bad.

Till now I received several success reports from amiga and mac users (and
VME?), so we are in pretty good shape, except for the docs...

Christian