Re: Draft Installation Chapter

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:

> Hmm, things are getting sticky.  I see Clay Ginsberg is working on the same
> chapter as I am, and you say you will be making changes their as
> well.  Fortunately I am at home and have a functional potato, so I can stay
> up to date.  But maybe it would be better if we all just submitted our
> changes instead of having them all floating around the list and the
> net.  Since you've committed Clay's changes, I'll pick them up with cvs.

Yes -- CVS is good to use.  I mean, we can roll things back if we need
to.  It's doubtful though.  The limiting factor is people's time, very
rarely that there are too many people and we're starting to step on
each other's toes.

BTW, if you wanna fix up the file naming stuff for me, I would
encourage that.  It would free me to work on other BF critical bugs.
I would need to have a little discussion like I had with Bruce Sass
before...  Let me know.

> P.S.  I'm still wondering if the reference to a numbered element in a list
> will work, or if the references only work to larger units like sections and
> pages.  Also, it occurs to me that perhaps the correct form is " as
> indicated in <ref id=xxx>" rather than "as indicated in step <ref
> id=xxx>".  That is, I should omit the work "step" because the reference
> machinery knows to fill that in (the ref syntax is from memory, and may not
> be accurate).

I dunno, you just have to try it out and see what works.  Omitting the
"step" bit seems right to me.