Re: finally fixing modconf bugs -- please read

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 04:45:16PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> Sorry for being away for a while..
>
> I'm going to upload a new modconf to (hopefully) close 2 of the three RC
> bugs. Please use it (0.2.26.10) for any new BF builds.

I'de like to raise a suggestion. I'm working out some issues with / being
read-only on the CD images. The only issues I have left are in modconf
(e.g. the /dev/cdrom symlink). I was thinking that we might be better off
getting the modconf library deps at build time and have them copied over
to /target when the driver config is starting, but that creates a problem
since we'de also need to copy over all of /dev to /target/dev.

What are the chances of modconf creating the symlink relative to it's
--target path, but as if it was actually creating it in /dev (i.e. if the
cdrom is /dev/hdc, then create the link as /target/dev/cdrom)?

This would solve a lot of problems for me.

Ben

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '