Re: loadkeys braindamage

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 02:28:31AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> So - loadkeys from console-tools never touches a keycode that there is no
> 'keycode' line for in the definition.  Binary loadkeys from busybox DOES,
> however, and does not preserve the fill information.
>
> For powermacs, this is a problem.  Keycode 0 is never handled well by
> console-tools (note dumpkeys does not show it) - but for us, it is 'a'.
> Oh, well.
>
> Usually it is unset by console-tools (because of an apparent error in the
> data files, I think), but our loadkeys trashes it.
>
> I've hacked around this in console-data.  But it is just another reason our
> separate loadkeys is a very dangerous (and brittle) idea.

Then someone needs to apply the binary output patch to the main
console-tools and supply a bug report to the maintainer. This is the only
thing in out loadkeys that isn't supported in the mainline binaries, and
it is the reason we have a seperate one.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '